Grapefruit is a super-rich source of Vitamin C. It is much more potent than lemons and oranges and has proven to be useful in reducing weight, avoiding Type 2 Diabetes and so much more. It is especially beneficial during this Corona time, as it is rich in anti-oxidants and gives a much-needed boost to the immune system.
We went home for Diwali and this fruit was growing in abundance everywhere. I was amazed by seeing these gorgeous yellow balls hanging on all the trees wherever I could see. My husband’s aunt has several huge trees growing in her garden and she gave several of these ripe fruits. She said it is a lot of fun sitting in the sun and relishing this fruit.
Now, I am a big fan of citrus fruits, you would always see making recipes with citrus fruits like my Lemon-Blueberry cake, Lemon Rice, Lemon-Pistachio Kalakand, Chocolate Orange cake, Orange-dill salad, Lemon Coriander Soup, and more. But it might surprise you that I don’t like grapefruits as much, I hate their bitter under-note and strong flavor. It leaves my tongue sore and it’s not a very pleasant experience. This is why I have started finding interesting ways to find eat grapefruit and found this exceedingly simple Baked Grapefruit with Honey & Cinnamon recipe. Do give it a try and you might love it too.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15-20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Grapefruit – 1
- Honey – 4-5 tablespoons
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Take a ripe grapefruit and dice it into two equal halves. Cut a little from below to make it flat from the bottom.
- Preheat an oven/OTG at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, make small incisions to make small bite-size pieces of the pulp. Make sure that you don’t cut the cup because we will bake the fruit in it.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on it along with 2 tablespoons of honey on each piece.
- Drizzle a little unsalted butter on both the pieces.
- Place the pieces on a baking tray and cook the pieces in an oven/OTG for about 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Enjoy the Baked Grapefruit with Honey & Cinnamon hot.