Work’s really hectic these days and I am finding it hard to keep with my posting recipes here and even on my Instagram channel. I am cooking one – pot meals, soups and other quick recipes these days. So I thought why not share the recipe of one of my favorite breakfast recipes – Homemade granola. I am constantly finding different variations to the granola recipe and this is my fall special with pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and orange zest. This is one of my favorite granola flavor though I do like the chocolate chip version too which I would make during Winters.
Granola is a tasty power packed breakfast and I love eating it with yogurt in summers and also as a nice evening snack to nibble or as it is or in the form of granola bars. It’s full of energy and so addictive. I love the chewy nature of granola, it’s so yummy. I can go on and on about my granola love, but I think you get the gist, don’t you?
Granola is a very adaptive recipe and feel free to play around with the ingredients based on your mood and season. Here are some of my top choices for making an amazing homemade granola.
- Nuts: Feel free to add any nuts to your granola. My top choice is almond, walnuts and pecans. I also love adding pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds to my granola for an added nuttiness.
- Dry Fruits: I love adding dried cranberries or raisins to the granola. They give a lovely acidity to the granola.
- Sweetner: You can use either maple syrup or honey to coat the oats. Both work wonderfully.
- Oil: I love using coconut oil for my granola. Olive oil or any other neutral oil also works.
Indian Granola Flavors: I have also tried making gulkand/dried rose petal flavored and thandai flavored granola. And they both taste amazing too.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
SERVINGS: 1 jar
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Oats – 3 cups
- Coconut oil – 3/4 cup
- Honey – 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Almond – a handful (10-12)
- Pecans – a handful (10-12)
- Pumpkin seeds/peptins – 2 tablespoons
- Dried cranberries – 1 tablespoon
- Orange zest – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
(contains affiliate links)
- Take a mixing bowl and add coconut oil and honey to it and mix well.
- Then add salt, cinnamon powder and orange zest and mix.
3. Chop some pecans and almonds into the mix and add the oats and pumpkin seeds too.
4. Coat the oats well.
5. Pre heat the OTG to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
6. Grease a microwave safe dish with some oil and add the oats mix on it. Press it with your fingers to get a nice sticky granola.
7. Cook the granola at 180 degrees for 10 minutes and then move it with a fork. This will create nice lumps into the granola.
8. Cook for another 10-15 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius.
9. Let the granola cool without disturbing it for 30 minutes or so. Then add the dried cranberries and gather the granola.
Add this homemade granola with your yogurt along with some fruits to make a lovely Granola Yogurt Parfait and enjoy it.