Dahi Bhalle is one of my favorite chaats. Soft bhallas with smooth dahi/curd and chutneys are a match made in heaven. But I would often see Bhalla Papdi chaat being served in parties and marriage buffet spreads, but never tried this at home. But after my dad got posted in Bhatinda, mom saw a lot of friends make it and she started making it. And when I tasted this at home, I became a fan and started making Bhalla Papdi Chaat at home. This is loaded and full of even more goodness and is absolutely amazing. It combines the softness of Bhallas and the crunchiness of the Papdi.
You can use this Dahi Bhalle recipe to make soft and tasty Dahi Bhalle. We just need a few more ingredients to make this chaat, check out this recipe below.
If you are a chaat lover and love Indian chaat, then don’t miss out on these incredible Indian chaat options I have :
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Dahi Bhalle – 10-12
- Boiled Kale chane (black gram) – 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes – 2, large
- Papdi – 15-20
- Curd – 3 cups
- Pomegranate seeds – 1 cup
- Tamarind Chutney – 1/2 cup
- Green Coriander Mint Chutney – 1/4 cup
- Roasted Cumin Seeds – 2-3 tablespoons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black salt – to taste
- Fry some Dahi Bhalle and soak them in warm water.
- Boil some potatoes and black gram separately. Peel the potatoes and dice them into small pieces.
- Peel and keep the pomegranate seeds in a bowl.
- We now need to assemble the chat. Let’s start by adding 3-4 Dahi Bhalle on a plate and add about 7-8 tablespoons of curd.
- Now add some potato pieces, pomegranate seeds, and boiled black gram.
- Drizzle the tamarind chutney and coriander mint chutney according to your taste.
- Sprinkle some cumin seed powder, red chili powder, and salt on it.
- Break some Papdi on top to keep them crisp and serve the Dahi Bhalla Papdi Chaat immediately.