Brownies are heavenly, isn’t it? I am sure you will appreciate me coming right to the point. 🙂 Who doesn’t love these gooey fudgy brownies. They taste the best when warm. I love topping them with different sauces like a Salted Caramel Sauce or with ice cream.
If you love brownies a lot and look for healthy options then these Sweet Potato chocolate brownies are an answer for you. Adding sweet potato makes them so rich and dense and gorgeous. The best part is that you won’t taste them at all. Plus they are super healthy and incredible. These are my grain-free brownies, I have used almond flour and oats flour in this. Which is why they are so light and soft. But you like to add some flour and want brownies which retain their perfect shapes, you can try out these Ragi Chocolate brownies I made a few months back.
- Oil: You can use any flavorless oil in these brownies. Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, or flaxseed oil are some of the top choices. I used melted coconut oil.
- Milk: I love adding a little milk to the mixture to bring it all together nicely. For a vegan version, use almond milk or coconut milk or oats milk.
- Flour: I have made a grain-free version and have used a mix of almond and oats flour. You can also replace the oats flour with regular whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS: 12 brownies
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Boiled sweet potato – 1 cup
- Almond flour – 1/2 cup
- Oats flour – 3/4 cup
- Any flavorless oil (Olive/Coconut oil) – 1/2 cup (approx.)
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk – 3-4 tablespoons
- Salt – a pinch
- Boil sweet potatoes in a pressure cooker and cook it on high heat for 4 whistles and then on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from heat and let the steam release.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes once they cool down and take a fork and mash them until it becomes a paste.
4. Now grind almonds and oats separately to make a fine flour.
5. We will now add all the ingredients in a blender and make a fine brownie mix.
6. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, almond flour, oats flour, and sugar in the blender jar and pulse it to make a smooth mix.
7. Once they are mixed, add in the coconut oil, vanilla essence, salt, and baking powder and gave it all one final mix.
8. I added a few tablespoons of milk to bring it all together. For a vegan version, use almond/oats/coconut milk.
9. Preheat your OTG/oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
10. Line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper and add the brownie mix. Even the surface with a spatula. 11. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, until it cooks properly in the middle.
Cool the vegan Sweet potato chocolate brownies and serve warm.