Summers are about to end and I am savoring the last of the season and the summer fruits. My last recipe – Mango Jamun Ice cream was also a tribute to the summer fruits. This is another tribute to my favorite stone fruit Peach. Made this Eggless upside down Peach cake to relish the fruit.
This recipe is with a half and half combo of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. I had made a whole wheat flour upside-down cake and felt it was so dense hence tried a combo this time and it came out well. But it’s totally your choice if you want to make it with whole wheat flour only.
If you love peach flavor like me, do try out my refreshing Peach Iced Tea. Also, if you a big fan of fruit-based cakes like me, then do try out these recipes too:
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Ragi, Dark Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Persimmon Cake Loaf
- Dark Chocolate and Cherry Mud Cake
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS: 10-12 slices
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Peach – 3
- Lemon – 1
- Whole wheat flour – ½ cup
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Milk powder – ¼ cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Vanilla Extract – 2-3 drops
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Butter – 4 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – a pinch
- Cut the peach slices horizontally into ½ inch thick slices.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and pour it in a cake tin mould.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on the tin. Spread the peach pieces on the sugar.
4. In a mixing bowl, add in the flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and milk powder.
5. Take curd, sugar, and pieces of a peach in a grinder and grind them in a smooth mixture.
6. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry mixture.
7. Add the zest and juice of a lemon. Finally, add in a few drops of vanilla extract. The batter is ready.
8. Pour this mixture into the cake tin lined with peaches.
9. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes.
Cool the Eggless Upside Down Peach Cake and turn it upside down. Garnish it with some lemon slices and whipped cream if you like. Enjoy along with your evening tea!