What about those times when you crave for a little goodness after a little bland-ish simple meal. You wish you for a quick fix, isn’t it? Today was such an ordinary food day that I wanted something to lift my spirits. This is when I thought about a few sad-looking bananas and half a jar of Dulce de Leche (from my baked donuts the other day) sitting in my refrigerator. And lo behold, I thought of making these Instant No-Bake Banoffee Jars,
So what is Banoffee, it is an amalgamation of Banana and Toffee. Traditionally, one would make a lovely caramel sauce to go with it, but I wanted to use a denser Dulce de Leche which would have gone bad if not used. And I love its dense toffee flavor. I used graham crackers for a kick of salt in the dish which goes very well with all the layers.
This version has a single layer of all the ingredients since my jars are petite but you could have a more indulgent version with 2 layers of all the ingredients. Here are the layers I had:
- Lowest Layer – Powdered Graham Crackers & Butter
- Second Layers – Bananas
- Third Layer – Dulce De Leche
- Fourth Layer –Whipped Cream
- Fifth Layer – Bananas
My prep time shows only 15 minutes since I had Dulce De Leche with me from the other day. If you need to make that, you would need slightly more time to assemble the dessert.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Bananas – 2
- Graham Cracker – 6-7
- Butter – 5 tablespoons
- Milkmaid – ½ can
- Heavy Cream – ½ cup
- Mixer Grinder
- Pressure Cooker
- Electric Beater
For the Dulce De Leche –
- Add enough water to a pressure cooker and add an unopened can of milkmaid.
- Allow one whistle on high heat and then let it simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the Dulche de Leche down completely and then open the milkmaid can.
For Assembling the Banoffee Jars –
- Melt 5 tablespoons of butter.
- Take Graham Crackers in a grinder and grind it into a smooth powder.
- Mix butter and Graham cracker and add the mix into the jar and press it slightly.
- Add a few banana slices.
- Place this jar into the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Take a bowl of heavy cream and use a beater to form soft peaks.
- Then add a few dollops of Dulce de Leche and add another banana slices.
- Now add a few spoons of whipped cream.
No-bake Banoffee Jars are ready. Chill before serving.