I love Mexican cuisine. It is full of fresh fragrant flavors that are really simple to make and look very colorful and pleasing to the eyes. Burrito bowls, tacos, tortilla wraps are all favorites. Love that there are multiple variations possible, you can choose any veggie of choice and make them. Salsa is an important part of these bowls and is a great companion with nachos, etc. During summers, I swear by my Mango Salsa instead of making a regular Tomato salsa.
Since mangoes season is underway, I am using them up for as many recipes as possible. It must be pretty evident with a lot of Mango recipes recently – my Eggless No-bake Mango cheesecake, Frozen Mango Margaritas, oil-free mango pickle, Aam Panna granita and so on. Now it’s the turn of yet another favorite, my mango salsa. Unlike the traditional salsa that uses up only ripe mangoes, I love adding both ripe and raw mangoes to my Salsa. It gives a lovely sweetness and tang to the salsa which is amazing.
If you are looking for any other fruits to add, try Pineapple. It tastes amazing in a salsa. I have made this with a lot of veggies to make it whole and hearty, but feel free to omit some of these if you want, besides the mango of course. Have this with nachos or tortilla wraps as I did.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
SERVINGS: A big bowl
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Ripe Mango- 1
- Raw mango – ½ , optional
- Jalapeno peppers – 1, deseeded
- Red Bell Pepper – ½, optional
- Green capsicum – ½, optional
- Onion – 1, small
- Cucumber – 1, optional
- Corn – ¼ cup, boiled
- Olives – a few, optional
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Peel and dice the mangoes to small pieces and toss them in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the seeds of jalapeno pepper, bell pepper and capsicum and dice them as well.
- Finely chop an onion and add that as well.
- Add some salt, squeeze fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with some olives and fresh coriander.
Enjoy your mango salsa. I added the salsa to my Tortilla wraps. I also added a few grilled paneer slices and the leftover jackfruit sabzi from a day before. And it was heavenly.