Cheesecakes are an absolute joy. Especially when you are making a no-bake version. You know me; I love my no-bake cheesecakes so much. They are an absolute breeze; I usually make them during my meal preps and then enjoy the fruits of my labor with the next meal.
Mangoes are in season. Safeda mangoes are a superb variety. They are firm and very sweet making them the perfect companion to cook and use in various recipes. I used a little Kesar variety too to give me a nice golden color. Since I had big sized mangoes; I have used a little less than 2 mangoes in my No-Bake Mango Ricotta Cheesecake recipe. I got about 1.5 cups of mango pulp from them, you might need a little more or less depending on the size of mangoes you have. You could also use any other variety like Alphonso, Chausa, Banganapalli, etc.
I have created this Mango cheesecake using Ricotta cheese. However, there are several other variations that I have tried and loved. You can try any of them too.
- Mango Custard Cheesecake: Replace the Ricotta cheese with a quick custard powder – milk mixture. You would need about ½-cup custard powder. This cake sets quickly too.
- Mango Cream Cheese Cheesecake: Cream cheese is essentially the most authentic ingredient to add to cheesecake. It gives a silky smooth texture and a slightly sour flavor, which goes beautifully in a cheesecake. My go-to variety is Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Base – I have used Graham cracker base for the crust since I like my base to be slightly salty to give a lovely balance to my cheesecake. However, you don’t like that, you could use Digestive or Marie biscuit too.
- Sugar – The mangoes I used were fully ripe and very sweet. Therefore, I had to add only ¼-cup sugar. You might need to adjust the sugar content according to taste and the sweetness in mangoes.
Don’t forget to check out some other no-bake cheesecake recipes:
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
For the cheesecake crust-
- Graham crackers – 12-15
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon, optional
- Cinnamon powder – ½ teaspoon, optional
For the mango cheesecake puree –
- Safeda mango – 1
- Kesar Mango – ¾
- Ricotta cheese – ¾ cup
- Heavy Cream – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
For garnish –
- Safeda Mango – 1, for the mango flowers
- Pumpkin seeds – about 10
- Cherries – a handful, optional
For the cheesecake base –
- Melt the butter and keep it aside.
- Crush the Graham crackers in a grinder. Or you could give them a good thrashing with a rolling pin and make a fine powder.
- In a bowl, add the crushed graham crackers, butter, a little cinnamon powder, and cardamom powder.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Take the cheesecake tin and put the mix on it. Press with your fingers so that it forms a nice uniform crust.
6. Let it refrigerate and rest for about 20-30 minutes.
For the Mango cheesecake –
- Peel the mangoes and add the pieces into a grinder.
- Add ¼ cup of sugar and grind into a smooth puree.
- Grate the Ricotta cheese and add it to the grinder.
- Also, add in some heavy cream and grind everything into a smooth puree.
- Pour this mix into the set chilled cheesecake base.
- Level this with a spatula and let it set into a freezer for 7-8 hours until it is set properly.
For the assembly –
- Make small mango flowers with thinly chopped mango strips and decorate the cheesecake by making small mango flowers, according to your choice.
- Add some cherries and pumpkin seeds or mint leaves on top and serve the No-bake Mango Ricotta Cheesecake chilled.
If you are a mango aficionado like I am, then I am sure you would love all these mango recipes: