Hasselback Baby Potatoes is such an interesting and healthy way of incorporating potatoes in our diet. Its name is derived from the Swedish word Hasselbackpotatis, which is a baked potato dish with thin slices cut into the potato surface. The only hard work in this recipe is making those marks on the potatoes.
There are some recipes that are supposed to be had as a side but you can totally consume it as a main dish. Hassel-back Baby Potatoes is one such option. I love using different herbs and flavors to make the flavors interesting each time. This is my classic herb, garlic, and olive oil dressing. I made a quick Chimichurri dip to add a freshness to the potatoes.
Here are some of my favorite potato recipes:
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 50 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
For Hasselback potatoes –
- Baby potatoes – 5 cups
- Garlic – 4-5 pods
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
For Chimichurri dip –
- Coriander – 1 cup
- Parsley – ½ cup
- Green chilli – 1
- Onion – ½
- Garlic – 3 pods
- Vinegar – 1-2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Salt – to taste
For the Hasselback potatoes –
- Wash the baby potatoes and let them dry.
- Now take a spoon and place one potato on it. Now start making thin slits through the potatoes carefully. Make sure that you cut through the potatoes until the middle.
3. Preheat your oven/OTG to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
4. Peel and crush a few garlic pods. Take it in a bowl, add olive oil, salt, and freshly crushed black pepper to it. 5. Take a bake safe tray and line it with aluminum foil.
6. Place the potatoes on the tray with slits – side up.
7. Drizzle the dressing on the potatoes with the brush. Coat the potatoes uniformly.
8. Place them in the preheated oven for 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
For the Chimichurri dip –
- Chop coriander and parsley leaves and add it in a mixer grinder.
- Add the chilli, chopped onion, garlic, olive oil, and salt to it.
- Grind everything. Keep it chunky and not a fine paste.
Drizzle this Chimichurri dip on the Hasselback baby potatoes and serve while hot.