Dosas are one of my favorite food in the world. I can never tire of eating them and can literally make them at any time of the day. Hence, I am always in the quest of trying new and healthy dosa recipes. One such recent find is this Bajra – Rawa Dosa (Pearl Millet – Semolina Crepes). Plus this is an instant dosa recipe that saves you time and needs no prep beforehand.
If you are a big dosa fan, then you must try all these amazing Dosa recipes:
This is similar to the Rawa Dosa recipe but the main ingredient is Bajra or pearl millet. It is a super healthy grain and is high in fiber content and helps reduce blood cholesterol. It is also supposed to lower the risk of stones and cancer. Therefore, this is an amazing way of adding it to your diet.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
SERVINGS: 8 -10 dosas
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Pearl Millet Flour/Bajra Atta – 1 small cup
- Semolina/Sooji – ½ small cup
- Curd/Dahi – ½ small cup
- Onion – 1, small
- Ginger – a small piece
- Curry Leaves – 5-7
- Green Chillies – 2
- Water – 1.5 small cup
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Mix both the Bajra atta and Sooji in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onions, grated ginger, curry leaves, and onion to the bowl.
- Now add some salt and mix everything well.
4. We will now add curd and water to the bowl and mix well.
5. The batter should be runny and lump-free.
6. Place the non-stick Tawa on high heat until it gets hot.
7. Turn down the heat to medium and brush the Tawa with a little oil.
8. Now take a ladle and pour the batter on the hot Tawa.
9. You will immediately notice big pores on the dosa. Add a little batter wherever you see a big hole.
10. Allow the dosa to cook and get brown on one side.
11. Drizzle 1-2 drops of oil and flip it on the other side.
12. Cook it for another minute or so until it’s cooked properly.
13. Keep making dosas until the batter is finished.