It’s terribly hot in Delhi right now and I am barely surviving in this heat. I am spending as little time in the kitchen as possible. What if friends come over in such weather? Someone like me will search for easy things to do. I usually make easy salads and pitchers of cool drinks to have along.
One such gorgeous summer recipe is this Coconut Water Mojito. Love that natural freshness from the Coconut water and the freshness from the lime juice and mint leaves.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Coconut water – 1 glasses (got it from 1 raw coconut)
- Lime juice – 4 tablespoons (1 lemon)
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Sugar/simple syrup – 0.25 glass
- White rum – 0.5 glass
- Ice cubes
- Salt – a pinch
- Take a bowl and add 0.25 glass of sugar and the same quantity of water (1:1 ratio). Heat it to make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool it and here we have what is called a simple syrup. You can make more and keep it for future use too.
- In a pitcher, add in the mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup and use a muddler to muddle it and release the flavors.
- Add in the fresh coconut water and white rum to it and mix well.
- Add in the ice cubes next.
- Keep salt on a plate. Wet the rims of the cocktail glass and keep it upside down on the plate to get a nice coating of salt on the rims.
- Pour in the drink carefully in the middle, so that it doesn’t touch the rims. Decorate with lemon wedges and mint leaves and serve the Coconut Water Mojito chilled!
Please note that you can adjust the amount of simple syrup, rum, etc. based on the flavor you like. I added a bit more rum and a little less syrup for a nice hit. Cheers!