It is so important to keep yourself hydrated. It impacts your skin, hair and overall health as well. It becomes all the more important to take care of it in summers where the skin is always parched due to heat and we keep losing moisture and water content through sweat.
I was introduced to infused water four years back by a friend and it seems to have become such a trend nowadays. You can basically add any citrus-y fruit to your water along with mint or basil leaves to make it nourishing and so tasty. It is also considered to be rich in anti-oxidants and aiding in weight loss as well.
I love infused drinks and am giving you the details to some of my favorites. Hope you make them and keep yourself fresh and hydrated during summers. Remember to do a course of them for a week or so and then leaving a week. Experts say that having infused water on alternate weeks keeps it fresh for your body and has more advantage than ever.
I am giving recipes to strawberry, pomegranate, basil, ginger and lemon infused waters. So other favorites are adding cucumber, watermelon, oranges, tomatoes and so on. Do try these out and share your favorites.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
SERVINGS: 4 glasses
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
1. Strawberries – 4-5
2. Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
3. Lemon – ½
4. Ginger – a stick
5. Basil Leaves – 4-5
6. Mint Leaves – a handful
7. Water – a liter
1. 4 glass bottles (you can also use infusers)
1. Properly wash and dry the strawberries and cut them into small bite size pieces.
2. Peel and extract the seeds from a pomegranate.
3. Take four glass bottles to make a cup of infused water each. If you don’t want to make 4 small glasses, you can add everything in a single bottle and make your infused water too.
4. Add in strawberry pieces and basil leaves in one bottle and fill it with water.
5. Add in pomegranate seeds and mint leaves in another and add water
6. Add 2 slices, ginger slices, and mint leaves and water in the next.
7. And finally, add everything – strawberry slices, pome seeds, mint leaves, ginger and lemon slices in the last.
8. Keep them in a refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
9. Sip it through the day and enjoy. I am sure you will like the tangy fresh flavors.