I am not a big fan of sweet things for breakfast. So even though I love my overnight oats and yogurt parfaits, but I still something with salt to keep me satisfied.
Hubby dearest, on the other hand, is completely happy to eat everything sweet. He would ask for sweet wheat porridge/Dalia, sweet crepes, sweet parathas and what not. So I am always attempted to finding healthier ways of creating these recipes.
This is exactly what I did with these. I had some buckwheat flour or kuttu ka atta with me from the recent Shivratri fast and I decided to make Crepes with it. Kept it super simple yet the result was so tasty and nutritious.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
1. Buckwheat flour/Kuttu ka Atta – ½ cup
2. Whole wheat flour/Regular atta – ¼ cup
3. Powdered Jaggery – ¼ cup
4. Coconut milk or regular skimmed milk – ½ cup
5. Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
6. Nutmeg powder – a pinch, optional
7. Fruit soda – ½ teaspoon
8. Vegetable Oil – 1 tablespoon
9. Salt – a pinch
1. Take a big bowl and mix the buckwheat and whole wheat flour together.
2. Powder some jaggery in a grinder and add ¼ cup to the mix. You can adjust this based on how sweet you want the crepes to be. Also if you are using coconut milk, so remember it also has a natural sweetness.
3. Add a pinch of salt and nutmeg powder. Also, add in some cinnamon powder.
4. Add in the coconut milk gradually and use a whisk to mix it in. If you don’t have coconut milk, you could use regular skimmed milk.
5. Mix well into a nice pancake batter consistency and let it rest for 15 minutes or so.
6. Once you are ready to make the crepes, add half a teaspoon of the fruit soda and mix with light hands.
7. Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with some oil.
8. Sprinkle some water and let it evaporate. Add a ladle of the batter and spread it in circular motion to make a thin crepe.
9. Let it cook on one side for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
10. Once it is cooked on one side, flip it on the other side for 2-3 minutes of low flame.
11. The crepe is done, repeat this step with the entire batter.
12. Serve hot with fresh strawberries and bananas or any other fruit of your liking.