Winter is such a lovely season. I swear by my soups in winter like I do salads in summers. They are so easy to make. Either pop them in an oven to grill or place them in a pressure cooker and boom you have a whole meal.
Here’s the recipe for my Bell Pepper & Tomato Grilled soup with Coconut Milk. Hope you like it. Do you have an alternative recipe with the same ingredients? Don’t forget to tell me.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 60 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
1. Tomato – 4, medium
2. Red Bell Pepper – 1
3. Onion – 1, small
4. Coriander – ½ cup, chopped
5. Garlic – 2-3 cloves
6. Coconut milk – ¾ cup
7. Thyme sprigs – 2, optional
8. Vegetable stock – 1 cup, optional
9. Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
10. Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
11. Salt – to taste
Roasting the Veggies:
1. Wash the tomatoes and bell peppers and dry them with a kitchen towel.
2. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
3. Dice the tomatoes into 4 pieces and place them on the tray along with bell pepper and roughly chopped onion slices.
4. Drizzle olive oil and salt on the veggies.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
6. Place the tray in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
7. Once 20 minutes are over, take a tong and flip the veggies.
8. Smash 2-3 cloves of garlic and toss them on the tray too.
9. Once the veggies are nicely roasted and fragrant, take them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
Blending the Soup:
10. Place them in a heavy bottom pan and add a cup of boiling water or vegetable stock. I added boiling water and that was fine too.
11. Blend the veggies so that they mix perfectly and allow the soup to thicken until half of the water evaporates.
12. Take this off the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
13. Add coconut milk, chili flakes, and coriander leaves.
14. Mix well.
Serve the Roasted Tomato Bell Pepper and Coconut Milk Soup hot.