I love chutneys. They are such a quintessential part of Indian cuisine. People love to have them with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love to have chutneys with chaat, poha, upma, parathas and what not.
This is my 5 ingredient chutney which is my go-to dish. I can literally make it in 4-5 minutes and gets ready in a jiffy. You can make any variations to this simple dish.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
SERVINGS: 1/2 Jar
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
1. Coriander – 2 cups, chopped
2. Tomato – 2, medium
3. Green chili – 1
4. Garlic – 2 cloves
5. Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
6. Salt – to taste
1. Thoroughly wash the coriander leaves under running water. Remove the roots and keep the stalks since there is a lot of flavor in those.
2. In a blender, add chopped coriander leaves, tomatoes, chili, garlic and grind well.
3. Add fennel seeds and salt and grind one more time and serve fresh.
You can add some lemon juice if the chutney doesn’t seem tangy enough. You could also add a small piece of ginger or raw turmeric to it. Sometimes I also add a few green garlic leaves if I have them handy. So there can be any number of variations to this.