Strawberries are such a beautiful fruit and they taste so good with everything. I love adding it to my breakfast in various ways with pancakes, waffles, overnight oats, chia pudding and even as a jam.
I love making this simple 4-ingredient jam, which lasts for several days and tastes so good and is so simple and easy to make. I love making this when they are in season and is in abundance.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
SERVINGS: 1 Jar
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
- Strawberries – 200gms
- Sugar – 3-4 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 2-3 tablespoons
- Chia seeds – 3 tablespoons
- Thoroughly wash the strawberries and remove the green leaves on top.
- Roughly chop the strawberries and put it in a pan on low heat to cook. Add a small amount of water so that the slices don’t burn.
- Once the strawberries turn mushy, squeeze them with a wooden spatula and add the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar, I add brown sugar to keep it healthy. You might need to add slightly less/more depending on ripe and sweet your strawberries are.
- Add chia seeds in the end and mix well and remove from heat.
- Allow it to cool down and then keep it in a jam jar and place it in a refrigerator.
- Apply on toasts and enjoy.