This is another favorite savory crepe recipe. Hope you have seen my Chickpea-Oats Crepes and Mix Lentil Crepes recipes. Similar to the other two, these are simple and easy to make plus they pack in so much flavor. I wrapped them to keep the stuffing intact and take them on the go and eat whenever I could spare a moment in the day.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
1. Chickpea Flour – ¾ cup
2. Bathua leaves/baby spinach – ½ cup, pureed
3. Paneer – ½ cup, grated
4. Carom seeds – 1 teaspoon
5. Green Chili – 1
6. Oil – 2 tablespoons
7. Salt – to taste
1. Thoroughly wash the bathua or baby spinach leaves and grind them into a smooth paste along with the green chilli.
2. In a bowl, take the chickpea flour and add the green paste.
3. Add carom seeds and salt to it and mix well. Add water if needed to arrive at a smooth paste.
4. Take a non-stick pan and place it on medium heat. Grease it with oil and then sprinkle some cold water on it.
5. Once the water evaporates, add a ladle of the batter on it.
6. Cook it on medium heat for 3-4 minutes till it cooks well and then flip it to cook on the other side too.
7. Repeat the steps with the entire batter to make small cheelas or crepes.
8. Grate the paneer and add some salt to it.
9. Add a tablespoon of the filling to the crepes and wrap them and serve with coriander chutney.