Nature is so bountiful. It gives us the best produce every season. I love pairing seasonal fruits and veggies in my diet. This recipe uses one of my favorite fall/winter fruit Persimmon, which is primarily found in the cooler regions in Himachal like Shimla and Kullu.
I have made a gorgeous Persimmon Pomegranate salad out of it. I bought these gorgeous Persimmons from home, they were so sweet and tasty and I wanted to do justice to them. So, I picked up Persimmons and Pomegranates and made a crunchy, sweet, and salty salad from it.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Persimmon – 2
- Pomegranate – ½ cup
- Ricotta cheese – 50gms
- Rocket Leaves – a handful
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Walnuts – 2
- Lemon – ½
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Dice the persimmons horizontally into round pieces and take off the peel.
- Deseed the pomegranate next.
- Wash and dry the rocket leaves with paper towels.
- Now in a bowl place the rocket leaves.
- Break the ricotta cheese into chunks with your hands and place it on the leaves.
- Add the persimmons and pomegranates on top.
- Squeeze half a lemon in a small bowl and add some salt and olive oil to it.
- Drizzle this dressing on the salad.
- Add some pumpkin seeds and walnuts for additional crunch.
- Eat fresh!
Do you love fresh salads too? Then do check out my Caprese Salad recipe too? Also, don’t forget to try my other Persimmon recipes – Upside Down Persimmon and Olive Oil Cake and Persimmon Loaf.