I try to make several variations of pancakes adding seasonal veggies and different grains. This keeps us from getting bored of the same taste and keeps adding various nutrients to the food.
This version is a broccoli-quinoa-oats version of pancakes made with fresh and the first broccoli of the season. This turned out to be very light and tasty and I am definitely making them soon.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Quinoa grains – 1/3 cup
- Oats – ½ cup
- Broccoli – ½ cup, grated
- Onion – 1, small
- Green Chili – 1
- Ginger – ½ tablespoon, grated
- Curd – 2 tablespoons
- Match tea powder – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – few tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Grind quinoa seeds and oats separately into a fine powder.
- Finely chop onion and green chilli.
- Grate broccoli and ginger.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered quinoa and oats. Add all the veggies to it.
- Add half a teaspoon of matcha, 2 tablespoons of curd and salt.
- Mix well. Add half a cup of water to make a smooth paste. Add some more water if needed, but the batter should not be too runny.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat it slightly. Brush it with oil and spread the batter to make a small pancake.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium- low flame and flip on the other side once it is cooked properly and had brown marks.
- Cook on the other side for 3-4 minutes too.
- Similarly, cook all the pancakes.
- Adding Matcha is just for extra nice green colour and is optional.
- You could skip curd or add vegan curd for a vegan option.
I love my pancakes. Do you love them too? Do try out my pancake recipes: