Friends were coming over for lunch the other weekend and I hardly had any time to make an elaborate dessert. But I had these beautiful plums that I got from the farmer’s market and decided to make a quick and crunchy Crumble. Since I wanted to make a healthy version, I replaced regular sugar with brown sugar and all-purpose flour with oats and almond powder.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 40 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
For the fruit crumble –
- Plums – 8-10
- Orange – 1, zest and juice
- Brown Sugar – 6-7 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
For the crumble –
- Oats – ½ cup
- Almond powder – 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Butter – 75gms
- Wash the plums and dry them off.
- Cut the plums into half and cut them into chunky pieces.
- Take an oven proof dish and add the plums to it.
- Zest an orange and then squeeze the juice of the orange and add it to the dish.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- In a bowl, add powder of oats and almond powder.
- Take a slab of butter at room temperature and add it to the flour.
- Add brown sugar and mx well.
- Spread this crumble on top of the plum – orange mix.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Place the tray in the oven for about 35-45 minutes until the crumble gets crunchy and caramelized from the top.
- Cool for about 5-7 minutes and serve with a dollop of icecream or whipped cream.