I love summers for all the fresh salad option it generates. Aren’t there a lot of combinations and flavours possible. And it’s all exciting. I love mixing veggies and fruits up and coming up with new flavours and experimenting with them.
One such gorgeous salad is a Caprese salad. I am a big fan of this simple Italian salad – throw some tomatoes, basil leaves and fresh mozzarella in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt and drizzle some olive oil and there you have a hearty meal in front of you. I love adding peaches to it too. I experimented with grilling all the ingredients and replaced mozzarella with cottage cheese/paneer and the result was equally good. Here’s my recipe for it.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Peaches – 3-4
- Tomatoes – 3, large
- Cottage Cheese/paneer – 100gms
- Basil leaves – a handful
- Lemon – ½
- Olive oil – 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Dice the peaches and tomatoes horizontally into round pieces.
- Take a grill pan and drizzle some olive oil and grill the peaches, tomatoes and cheese slices to get nice grill marks on it.
- In a bowl, add some olive oil, lemon juice and salt and make a super quick dressing.
- Place the peaches, tomatoes and cheese slices alternatively in a salad bowl and drizzle this dressing on top.
- Add some basil leaves and this low-fuss salad is ready.