Don’t we all love fries and wedges? I could eat them anytime, any day. So if one loves them so much, you find ways to make it healthy. That’s how began the search for a healthier version and ended in these yummy, you-cant-stop-at-one baked wedges recipe. I bake these wedges with garlic and rosemary for added flavor.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Potatoes – 4, large
- Garlic cloves – 3-4
- Rosemary – few sprigs
- Paprika powder – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Take 4 large potatoes and wash them thoroughly. If the peel is not too thick then let it stay as the wedges would be extra crispy. If the peel is extra thick and dirty, then remove the peel.
- Cut around 8-10 thick wedges from each potato.
- Take a big bowl of ice and chilled water and place the wedges in it. Keep this for 20 minutes. This step would remove extra starch from the wedges and make them crispier.
- Take the wedges out and place them in a strainer and let them dry for 10 minutes or so.
- Use paper towels to squeeze out any excess water. Ensure that the wedges are completely dry.
- Crush 3-4 garlic cloves and take them in a bowl.
- Add rosemary leaves, paprika powder, salt, and olive oil and mix well.
- Coat the potato wedges with this mix.
- Preheat the oven/OTG at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray it with some oil.
- Place the wedges one next to the other on the tray leaving small space between each wedge.
- Place them in the over at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Turn the wedges after 25 minutes or so, to cook well on the other side too.
- Take them out once they are brown and crispy.
Serve the baked potato wedges with ketchup or mayo.