With all the junk food I had consumed throughout the day, I wanted to consume something really low on carbs and calories like a salad or a Buddha bowl or so. But that seemed boring.
So this is the twist I added. Decided to make some vegan Cucumber Rolls stuffed with a lot of veggies to make it interesting, yet consume all the veggies I intended to.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Cucumbers – 2
- Tofu – a few pieces
- Onion – 1, small
- Carrot – 1, matchstick
- Boiled corn – 1/3 cup
- Spinach leaves – ½ cup
- Garlic – 2, cloves
- Capsicum – 1/2
- Coriander leaves – few sprigs
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon, roasted
- Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Paprika powder – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Boil corn seeds and keep it aside.
- Create ribbons out of the cucumbers. Remember not to use cucumber seeds in it.
- In a pan, add a little oil and add long and thin slices of the onion.
- Add fine and long slices of carrot, capsicum and boiled corn to it.
- Cut small tofu pieces and add some salt and allow this mixture to dry.
- Take the veggies from the pan and add a little more oil and add 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add a few spinach leaves and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes till the Spinach leaves are slightly cooked.
- Mix all the veggie mixes together and add some fresh coriander leaves too.
- Roast some cumin seeds and grind them.
- Add these roasted cumin seeds, paprika powder and salt to the yoghurt to make a quick Tzatziki dip.
- Now take a cucumber ribbon, layer it with some dip and veggie mix and roll this to look like a Sushi roll.
- Repeat this step with all the cucumber ribbons to finish the veggie mix.
- Serve immediately with the fresh Tzatziki dip.
You can alternatively make these wraps out of Lettuce or collard leaves. You could also add raw veggie salad instead of cooking them but I don’t find it too amusing for dinner.