Everybody directly thinks of sprouts as soon as your mind thinks of healthy breakfast options. But every there can be various innovative ways of eating sprouts- be it in salads, sandwiches, buddha bowls, etc.
This is my Boiled Moong Daal (Green Lentil) Sprout Salad which is one of my favourites. It takes 15 minutes or so to make and is so yummy that you will make it again and again.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
- Moong Daal sprouts – 1 ½ cup
- Onion – 1, medium
- Tomato – 1, medium
- Cucumber – 1/3, diced
- Green chili – 1
- Coriander leaves – few sprigs
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Salt – to taste
- Soak the Green lentil (Moong Daal) overnight and then tie it in a muslin cloth for 1-2 day in a dark place. This will allow sprouts to appear.
- Once you have small sprouts, these are ready to be used.
- Take oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Dice the onion into long and thin pieces and add them to the oil.
- Also, dice the Green Chilli and add it to the pan as well.
- Once the onions turn brown after 4-5 minutes, add the moong daal sprouts to the pan.
- Add enough water in the pan to submerge the sprouts completely.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow this to simmer on low heat for 12-15 minutes till the liquid evaporates.
- Cook on high heat after that, if some liquid is still left.
- Remove from flame and let them cool down.
- Finely dice the cucumber, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Add on the Green lentils and squeeze some lemon juice and serve.