Summers are here, and it’s Gazpacho time, isn’t it? Who wouldn’t love these jars of cool goodness? For the uninitiated, Gazpachos are cold Spanish soups served in summers.
Love that it’s raw and full of fibre and minerals. I make the usual gazpacho but grew bored of it and tried this Cool Cucumber Gazpacho and have been a fan ever since. I make a few variations to keep things interested.
However, I am sharing my favourite Cucumber Gazpacho Recipe today. It’s a great vegan and gluten-free option as well.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
- Cucumbers – 2, small
- Capsicum – 1, medium
- Greek yoghurt – 2 dollops, use vegan curds for a vegan option
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Mint leaves – 7-8
- Lemon – 1
- Black Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Peel the cucumbers and roughly chop them and add them to a blender.
- Deseed a capsicum and chop them and add them to the blender as well.
- Add the yoghurt, garlic cloves, juice of a lemon, mint leaves, salt, pepper and olive oil and blend well into a smooth paste.
- Keep the Gazpacho in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to cool.
- Serve cold with olives on the side.
Which is your favourite soup?