I love Veg Hakka Noodles. They are so handy and can be had out of little boxes on the go and also serve as your main course at the same time. They always come in handy when I am struggling with what to make. I made a simple version with little oil and lots of veggies.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10-15 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Bell peppers – ½ red and ½ yellow, chopped
- Spring onions – 2
- Carrot – 1, diced
- Broccoli – ½ cup, diced
- Mushrooms – ½ cup, diced
- Ginger – 2 inch, grated
- Garlic – 2, finely chopped
- Light soy – 3 tablespoons
- Rice Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh noodles – 1 ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds – for garnish
- Finely dice all the veggies and keep them handy.
- Heat oil in a pot and add ginger and garlic and the white portion of the spring onions.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes and add bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots.
- Allow them to cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt, soy sauce and wine vinegar
- Add fresh noodles and add ¼ cup of water.
- Allow the noodles to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Top up with toasted sesame seeds and serve hot.