Summers are here and it’s time for my favourites. I love summer for all the salads, shakes and smoothies I can have. Made my favourite and super healthy Watermelon-Feta Cheese salad. Love how the sweetness of the watermelon is balanced by the saltiness of the feta cheese. Do you love this salad too?
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
- Watermelon – 1 bowl, diced
- Feta Cheese – ½ slab, crumbles
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder or cayenne pepper – 2 pinch
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Mint leaves – for garnish
- Take a cold seedless watermelon and cut it into chunky pieces.
- If you can’t get a seedless variety, you could use a regular one and remove the seeds.
- Keep the chunks in a sieve for 3-4 minutes to drain out the excess liquid from the watermelon.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice to the drained watermelon.
- Add chunks of feta cheese and mint leaves and serve fresh.
Do you love fresh salads? You would love this Waldorf salad too then, ain’t it?