Spaghetti Arrabbiata nests make for an amazing flavorful dinner. I make a light flavoured and quick marinara sauce and spice it up with chilli flakes for this recipe. Used wheat spaghetti to make a healthy version. Added cream cheese for the egg-like shapes.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Spaghetti – 200 gm
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 4, medium
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Basil Leaves – a handful
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cream cheese – 3 tablespoons
- Chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Dried herbs – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Bring a big pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and some olive oil. Add the spaghetti pasta to the boiling water and let it cook until it is al dente. It might take around 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and save a cup of the boiled pasta water.
- Take a pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Finely dice an onion and garlic pods. Add them to the pan.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes until the onions turn translucent.
- Grind the tomatoes to a puree.
- Add the puree to the pan and allow these to cook until the moisture has dried up and the tomatoes have cooked properly.
- Add some dried herbs, finely chopped basil leaves, chilli flakes and salt and mix well.
- Add the boiled spaghetti and some pasta water and mix well. Let it cook on simmer for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and make small nests from the spaghetti.
- Add a tablespoon of cream cheese in each nests.
- Serve hot.