Happy Easter everyone! Spring came and went and it’s almost summer time. Wanted to make a chocolate cheesecake with oranges and strawberries before they disappear until winters. And it turned about to be the perfect Easter weekend treat! This eggless no-bake chocolate is so easy to make and can be fixed easily in the night to be consumed the next day which is exactly what I did.
Here’s the recipe for this cheesecake. Let me know which is your favourite cheesecake recipe. J
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Dates – 1 cup
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup
- Almonds – ½ cup
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Dark chocolate (orange flavoured if possible) – 1 slab, ½ cup melted
- Orange zest – 1
- Orange juice – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 5 tablespoons
- Strawberries – 4-5
- Dried cranberries – a handful
- Take seedless dates in a blender and pulse until they are broken down thoroughly.
- Remove from the blender and add walnuts and almonds and grind until they turn into a powder.
- Add the broken dates mix and pulse until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Take a cheesecake tray and place this mix onto the tray.
- Take a bowl and push the mix down so that it forms a smooth and thick layer.
- Place the tray to refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Now take orange juice in a pan and allow it to boil until it thickens and only half is left. Add powdered sugar to it and let the mixture cool.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler until it turns into a smooth velvety mix. Allow it to cool.
- Beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the orange-sugar mix, chocolate to the cream and fold lightly.
- Add the zest of an orange for extra flavours.
- Take the tin out and pour the mixture on top uniformly. Tap to remove air bubbles.
- Place this in a refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Place strawberries and dried cranberries on top and serve.
- Place it in a refrigerator and allow it to cool overnight or 8 hours.
Do you love no-bake cheesecakes? Don’t forget to try my Tiramisu Cheesecake.