Made a quick and easy dinner today as I wasn’t in the mood for anything elaborate (and also because my noodles got old and spoilt in the fridge). And hubby dearest suggested we made some Fried Rice and voila! I made it. Added carrots, broccoli, beans and spring onions to increase the nutrient meter. What did you have for dinner?
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Rice – 1 cup
- Spring onions – 2
- Carrot – 1, diced
- Beans – 10, diced
- Broccoli – 1 cup, diced
- Ginger – 5 inch, juliennes
- Garlic – 2, finely chopped
- Light soy – 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds – for garnish
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Add rice in a pressure cooker and add a twice as much water.
- Allow one whistle and then let it cook on low flame for 2 minutes and remove from flame.
- Let the steam to release.
- In a wok, add some oil and allow it to heat.
- Peel 2-3 garlic pods and crush them and add to the oil.
- Julien the ginger and add to the wok.
- Add the root part of the spring onion, carrot pieces, beans and broccoli pieces.
- Let them cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, sesame seeds, soy sauce and vinegar and spring greens.
- Add the steamed rice to the mix and mix lightly.
- Toss some sesame seeds on top and serve hot.