Waldorf salad is a classic American salad which traces its roots from the iconic Waldorf hotels. This is a refreshing salad and I can consume this for lunch or dinner. I love the crunchiness that comes from apples, walnuts and celery and the richness of the mayo-cream dressing. I add anything that’s readily available for me. Here’s how I made it tonight, let me know how did you like it.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Lettuce Leaves – 7-8
- Apple – 1, medium
- Celery stems – 1 celery, chopped
- Strawberries – 5-7
- Raisins – 9-10
- Walnuts – 5-6
- Mayo – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cream – 1.5 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Wash the lettuce leaves thoroughly and keep them aside.
- Toast walnuts in a pan until you can smell the aromatic oils. Take them off the flame and keep them aside.
- Chop the apple, strawberries and celery stem into bite-size pieces.
- For the dressing, add mayo, cream, honey, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Add the dressing to the fruits and mix well.
- Add raisins and walnuts and serve in lettuce pockets.
Love raw salads? Then I am sure you would this raw papaya Thai salad – Som Tam.