Absolutely love those hot donuts, I mean who doesn’t! The crispy hot donuts with super chocolaty or cinnamon-y coatings make me happy. Sharing these donut flavors I tried last weekend but was lazy to write the recipes. Finally, got to writing it and sharing this easy donuts recipe with you all. Here are the 2 flavors I made:
- Chocolate ganache
- Cinnamon sugar
If your thing is trying healthy donuts, then you must try these guilt-free Eggless Baked Whole Wheat Donuts recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 1.5 hours
COOKING TIME: 10- 12 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: High
For the donuts –
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Butter – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Dry active yeast – ¾ teaspoon
- Powdered sugar – 4 tablespoons
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 4-5 drops
- Vegetable oil – for frying
For the cinnamon coating –
- Cinnamon powder – 2 teaspoons
- Powdered sugar – 2 tablespoons
For the chocolate ganache –
- Dark Chocolate – ½ cup, coarsely chopped
- Heavy cream – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
For the Donuts –
- Take the all-purpose flour and add melted butter, salt, vanilla essence, powdered sugar, and dry active yeast to it.
- Heat the milk so that it is lukewarm and add it to the flour mix and knead it.
- The dough should be at a sticky consistency.
- Dust a flat surface with some flour and knead for 7-8 minutes so that gluten formation starts.
- Pre-heat an oven for 10 minutes and let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Then place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a damp cloth and keep it in the closed microwave for 30 minutes.
- The warmth of the oven will make the yeast work and the dough will become around twice in size.
- Take the dough and start rolling it with a rolling pin on a flat surface.
- Make a pizza base style base with a thickness of around ½ inch.
- If you have a donut cutter, then use it. Else, use a glass to cut a round shape. Then use a small bottle cap to cut the middle to achieve the donut shape.
- Keep using the leftover donut dough to make more donuts.
- Heat the microwave for 10 more minutes. Then remove from power and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Keep the raw donuts for 30-40 more minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the donuts one by one on medium heat.
- Dip half of the donuts in the chocolate ganache.
For the Cinnamon sugar –
16. In the meanwhile, take cinnamon and powdered sugar and make a mix and keep aside.
17. Take some hot donuts and dip them into melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mix.
For the Chocolate Ganache –
18. For the ganache, take coarsely chopped dark chocolate, heavy cream, and powdered sugar in a heavy bottom pan and heat it the chocolate melts and it mix starts coming to a boil.
19. Remove from heat immediately and the ganache is ready.
20. Dip some hot donuts in the chocolate ganache on one side. Let them cool down so that chocolate freezes and makes a nice coat on them.
Serve fresh. Reheat them slightly before serving so that they are easy to dig in.
- The milk should be lukewarm and not hot otherwise the yeast would get inactive.
- I have fermented the yeast for 30 minutes in the oven which is a warmer environment. If you keep it to ferment at room temperature, you might need to leave it for 1.5 hours or so till it doubles.
- The oil should not be too hot.
- Do not crowd the wok to allow the donuts to swell.
- You can make a white chocolate ganache, raspberry coulis or any other topping of your choice.