We were out the whole day today and I wanted to have something light and nutritious. There were options to eat out but I decided to come back home and cook instead. Had some fresh noodles with me along with stock tablets, so decided to make this heart-warming Thukpa.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Mushrooms – 10, diced
- Spring onions – 2
- Carrot – 1, diced
- Ginger – 5 inch, juliennes
- Garlic – 2, finely chopped
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh noodles – 1 cup
- Vegetable stock tablets – 2
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Add oil in a wok and let it heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and the white portion of the spring onions.
- Sauté for a minute and add the carrots.
- Mix them well and add salt and vinegar and let them veggies stir on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a pan, boil 2 cups of water and dissolve 2 stock tablets in them.
- Add the noodles and the water-stock mix to the wok with the veggies and let it all come to a boil.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and black pepper and serve hot!