Today is our 6th wedding anniversary and that called for something special. I am a big fan of dry cakes and I love some lemon and orange flavoured cakes. Since mom had given me some gorgeous lemons, I decided to bake a Lemon-Blueberry cake to celebrate the occasion.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 40 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- All-purpose flour (or maida) – 1 cup
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon zest – 1 lemon
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup, powdered
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla Extract – 2-3 drops
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Grind sugar in a grinder into a fine powder.
- Add curd to the mixer-grinder and blend well.
- Strain maida in a bowl and add salt, baking powder and baking soda to it and mix well.
- Grease a cake tin with unsalted butter and dust with all-purpose flour.
- Preheat the OTG/microwave oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Mix the curd and sugar mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Add few drops of concentrated vanilla extract.
- Grate the zest of one lemon and add to the mix as well.
- Add blueberries as well and lightly fold the mixture.
- Add the cake mix into the greased cake tin and smoothen the surface slightly.
- Place the tin in the OTG/Microwave for 35-40 minutes until crisp.
- Insert a toothpick into the cake and see if it comes out clean. If it does, then the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly and serve warm.