Okay let me first start by saying, I love winters! Now having professed my love for the season, let me give you some top reasons why. Don’t you just love curling inside your bed sipping hot cups of coffee, wearing beautiful lovely warm clothes and roaming free in the streets, eating and experimenting with such great variety of veggies and fruits. Excited much!
We are visiting my in-laws over the long weekend and saw so many fresh fruits in the refrigerator. Took some out and made this great winter salad. Added oranges apples, grapes, and pomegranates. This salad tastes amazing with some beetroot and goat cheese as well. Will share the recipe one day!
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Fresh oranges – 2, deseeded
- Apple – 1, grated
- Pomegranate – 1
- Black Grapes – 7-8, sliced
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon, grated
- Dill leaves – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Orange juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Peel 2 oranges and cut horizontally from the middle.
- Separate one slice from the other and deseed properly and add to a bowl.
- Grate a fresh red apple next and add to the bowl.
- Add pomegranate seeds and few grapes diced from between.
- Finely cut dill leaves and add them to the bowl next along with grated ginger.
- In a small bowl, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of orange juice and salt. Mix well.
- Add to the salad bowl and toss well and serve fresh.
What is your favorite winter salad? I absolutely love this Green Papaya Thai Salad too.