Made these super fibrous and tasty eggless oatmeal waffles yesterday morning and wanted to share the recipe with you guys. Made this eggless batter which literally takes under 5 minutes to make and added the mix to my waffle maker and lo behold, got these beauties ready in 10 minutes or so.
This is how I made them healthier:
- Added oatmeal and flax seeds to boost its nutritional value and flavor as well.
- Replaced regular sugar with brown sugar. You could add maple syrup as well.
- Replaced usual milk with cow’s milk which is lower in fat and healthier
- Added whole wheat instead of all-purpose flour
Let me know how do you like yours?
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10- 12 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
For the waffles –
- Oatmeal – ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour – ½ cup
- Flax seeds – 3 tablespoons
- Milk – ½ cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence – 5 drops
- Salt – a pinch
For the toppings –
- Mango– 1
- Jamun – a few
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Grind oatmeal till it reaches a roughly broken consistency. Don’t over grind into a powder.
- Toast flax seeds in a hot pan for about a minute and roughly grind them in a mortar and pestle or keep them on a level surface and run a rolling pin over.
- In a bowl, add the oatmeal and flaxseed mix.
- Add whole purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add brown sugar, milk and vanilla essence and mix well. The batter is ready and is slightly thicker than the pancake mix.
- Take a waffle maker and oil its insides properly. Pour small amounts of batter into the molds of the waffle maker and let them cook.
- Read the instructions on your waffle maker to ensure proper cooking. Mine read, heating it till the steam stops coming out and I did the same and got perfect crispy brown waffles. It took me about 4-5 minutes for the steam to release and cook the waffles.
- Add any toppings of your choice- I added fresh mangoes, jamuns, and honey on top.
You can also add fresh cream, strawberries, blueberries, or any other seasonal fruits of choice.
Enjoy your eggless oatmeal waffles hot!