Hubby was suffering from a bad cold the whole week, so made this super quick and nourishing lemon coriander soup. Vitamin C is great for fighting cold and hence the idea! Added some veggies to make it nourishing and wholesome.
I had stock tablets handy hence the soup took only 7-10 minutes to make. If you don’t have a stock handy, you would need 15-20 more minutes to get the stock ready.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Cauliflower – ½ cup, finely diced
- Carrot – 1, finely diced
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Spring onion – 1-2
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 3 inch, finely diced
- Chili – 1
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon zest
- Stock tablet -1
- Coriander – ½ cup
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Take oil in a wok and finely chop the onions and add them to the wok.
- Add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chili.
- After the onion turns translucent, add finely chop the carrot and cauliflower to the work. Allow the veggies to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and lemon zest to it and add some salt.
- Take a tablespoon of cornflower in a bowl and add 1/3 cup of water and mix it well and add to the wok.
- Boil 500ml water in a pan and add a stock tablet and mix well.
- Add boiling water and cornflower mix to the wok and mix well.
- Once everything comes to a boil, add the lemon juice and coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you don’t have any stock handy, this is how you make one:
- Roughly chop green beans, cauliflowers, carrots to boiling water and let this mixture cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the veggies and save the stock and use this for the soup.