This giant super rich and super yum salad bowl has become a household favorite. Toss all the veggies you can find to create this super colourful bowl to light up your day. This is full of fibre, minerals and vitamins. You could add any nut of your choice for a crunch element, I prefer walnuts and almonds but made this version without any nuts.
Since, there are several components, it’s important to adjust the salt and chilli in all the components of the salad.
PREPARATION TIME: 10-12 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
For the tomatoes-
- Cherry Tomatoes – 7-8
- Feta Cheese – 2 tablespoons
- Pesto – 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil – 1 teaspoon
For the Chickpeas-
- Boiled chickpeas – ½ cup
- Coriander – 2-3 stalks, roughly chopped
For the sautéed veggies –
- Broccoli – 7-8 florets
- Mushrooms – 10-12, diced
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves, diced
For the boiled veggies –
- Green beans – 9-10
- Carrots – 2-3, diced
- Olive Oil
- Dried herbs
- Chilli Flakes
- Salt- to taste
- Peel and dice the carrots diagonally into big bite size pieces.
- Take 2 cups of water in a pot and allow it to come to a boil. Add the chopped carrots and beans and cover the lid and let this simmer for 5 minutes and then remove them from the heat.
- Soak the chickpea beans overnight and then boil them in a pressure cooker. Allow a whistle and them keep for low flame for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the steam to release. Drain the water.
- Add chopped coriander, some salt to the chickpeas and keep aside.
- In a wok, add some olive oil and then add chopped mushrooms, garlic pods, chilli flakes and some salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame till all the moisture evaporates.
- Remove the mushrooms and add a teaspoon of oil and the broccoli florets and add some salt. Allow them to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and carrots from water.
- Add some oil in a pan and add the boiled veggies and add some salt and chilli flakes. Lightly toss for 2 minutes or so and remove from heat.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes into half. Add some feta cheese, olive oil and pesto sauce and toss lightly.
- Arrange all the veggies into a big salad bowl and serve fresh.