Winter is coming and bring the joy of fresh veggies, berries among other things. An abundance of greens means there is so much room for chutneys, instant pickles, and other condiments. This is my perfect condiment to spice up your average meals in winters. I also jokingly call it my ABC aka Amla Beetroot Chutney.
If you are a big beet fan like me, then do try my favorite beetroot/chakundar recipes:
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
SERVINGS: 1 small jar
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Gooseberry – 4
- Mint – 10 sprigs
- Chili – 2
- Beetroot – 1 small
- Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Orange zest – 1 teaspoon
- Salt -to taste
- Dice the gooseberries and add them to a grinder.
- Peel the beetroot and roughly chop and add to the grinder along with the chilies.
- Grind for a minute until they turn into a smooth paste.
- Add mint leaves, fennel seeds, and salt and mix again until it blends completely.
- Add the zest of an orange and serve with flatbread or any meal.
The chutney will stay in a refrigerator for about a week. Remember to store the gooseberry chutney in an airtight glass/porcelain container as gooseberries are sour and are not recommended to be stored in plastic containers.