This is an eggless pancake recipe I have perfected which makes such great fluffy and soft pancakes. These are a perfect weekend treat in this weather. I have replaced milk with low fat cow’s milk to compensate all the calories one would gain with the chocolate sauce. This is a super quick recipe and I would recommend you to dare and try it at home.
Once you have mastered this pancake recipe with all purpose flour, you can definitely alter the proportions and add buckwheat/millet flour, whole wheat flour, oatmeal and so on and create your own versions.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10- 12 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup
- Low fat milk – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Powdered sugar or brown sugar – 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 4-5 drops
- Vegetable(unflavored) oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – a pinch
- Bananas – 2
- Chocolate sauce
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, oil and milk and whisk the mixture to ensure a smooth and runny mix.
- Take a non-stick flat bottom pan and grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladle of the batter into the heated pan. Once it is cooked on one side(starts turning brown) in about 1-2 minute on medium heat, flip it on the other side and let it cook for a minute of so.
- Stack all the pancakes on a plate and drizzle with chocolate sauce and place the cut bananas on top and serve hot.
If you are a not a great fan of sweet things in breakfast, you can also try my savoury lentil pancakes recipe.