This is a super quick and healthy dessert which can even be your breakfast if you fancy. The color and tartness of the plums add a different level to the dish and hence my fruit of choice. However, you can definitely make this with peaches or pears as well. I have replaced sugar with honey which makes it super healthy.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10- 12 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Oats – ½ cup
- Almonds – 10-12, diced
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Plums – 4, diced into halves
- Ice cream – 4 scoops, optional
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Toast the oats on a nonstick pan on a low flame until they start turning slight brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and mix well until the honey is completely mixed.
- Add chopped almonds to the mix.
- The consistency would be like granola. Allow it to dry and cool for 10 minutes.
- Dice the plums into halves and remove the stone.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey in a pan and allow it to caramelize and turn brown.
- Add the diced plums in caramelized honey on low heat.
- Turn the plums after 2-3 minutes and allow them to cook on the other side.
- Add a tea spoon of lemon juice to give it a kick and elevate the flavor.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Allow the plums to cool slightly.
- For assembling, add the oats and almonds crumble in a cup and add 2 scoops of ice cream on top. Add 4 pieces of plums on top and some of the caramel sauce and serve!