I love a fresh Greek salad more than anything! It’s a no-fuss-super-healthy salad which balances all the grease and junk you have gorged on in a week and makes for a super quick fulsome meal. I can eat this salad without the need of any protein and can also have this accompany any great pasta dish as well.
PREPARATION TIME: 5-7 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Low
- Arugula Lettuce – a small bunch (close to 200 gms)
- Cherry/Regular Tomatoes – 10 (if you get cherry tomatoes) or 1 big tomatoe
- Cucumber – 1 medium
- Olives – 8-10
- Feta cheese – 4-5 slices
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons (you can add chilli/lemon flavored oil for an extra flavor)
- Pepper – few peppercorns freshly crushed
- Salt – to taste
- Parmesan shavings – garnish, optional
- Wash and clean the lettuce leaves well and roughly put them in a salad bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumber in any shape and size you want.
- Add olives and feta cheese.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and freshly crushed pepper.
- Add salt to taste. Be mindful of the salt, if you are using olives that are preserved in brine (I prefer these as they add a great salty flavor to the salad).
- Add few parmesan shavings if you wish.
- Toss well and ta-da, your Greek salad is ready to be served and gorged upon.