This is my mom’s eggless vanilla cake recipe which was my Baking 101. This creates a very crispy eggless cake which is best had fresh. Even though it’s an eggless recipe it’s a super moist and soft cake.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 40 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- All-purpose flour (or maida) – 1 cup
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Milk Powder – 4 tablespoons
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla Extract – 2-3 drops
- Baking Powder – ¾ teaspoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Almond Flakes – 1 tablespoons
- Take sugar in a grinder and grind it to a fine powder.
- Add curd to the sugar and blend well.
- Strain maida in a big bowl and add salt, milk powder, baking powder and baking soda to it and mix well.
- Grease a cake tin with unsalted butter and dust with all-purpose flour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Mix the curd and sugar mixture with the dry ingredients. Add almond flakes and vanilla extract as well.
- Fold the mixture with light hands.
- Shift the mixture into the greased cake tin and keep it in the OTG/Microwave for 35-40 minutes until crisp.
- Insert a toothpick into the cake to check if it’s done. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool and serve warm.